CAD Help Center

CAD Problems? Search here.........

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Know your Computer Host ID

Hi all students and my friends.
When i was in college, I faces problem in installation of different software like Pro/E, Unigraphics, Ansys etc.
These software need some information Like Host-ID, License Server etc.....etc......
And I think you students and my friend may be facing the same problem....
So here is the solution for Host-ID.......and for License Server Error (UG & Ansys) visit my First one Post in this blog.............

1. Open Command Prompt. (Run>cmd>enter)
2. Type ipconfig/all ->enter.













Here

Host Name is your Computer Name. Like (Complete_Name)
Physical Address is your Host ID. Like (01-1C-76-99-D5-11)

So don't be tense here is solution for your all CAD problems...........

Cheers..........

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Unknown said...

Sir,
Thank you for this helpful article.

I'am at present another problem regarding host id. I earlier installed Pro/E WF4 successfully and used it for a long time. Only last week I found it is showing error message "Host id invalid" and is not opening anymore.

I discovered that my PC's host id is showing "0" instead of earlier "00 16 67 9A 47 E9".
Can you please tell me how to set/recover old host id?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.
PremNath

Chander Pal said...

Hi Premnath,
may be ur problem is due to missing drivers of LAN-card.

so try to reinstall LAN-Card drivers and check ur host id, because its the permanent physical address of ur LAN card.

if ur problem not solved then u can try second method.

means u can install a virtual adapter through add new hardware in control panel of ur PC.

may be ur problem solved by this....

have a nice day.....

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir,

I have installed Catia v6R2009 but when i open, it asks me first to input DATA SOURCE>>CONECTION ALIAS and CONNECTION TYPE>>PROTOCOL, HOST NAME, PORT and ROOT URI.

Can u please help me in what am I supposed to do just to overpass this? I need this Catia for training purposes, I'm a student of mechanical engineering.

thank you in advance!!!

Anonymous said...

be happy and love. kiss

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm finding this error message every time I open proe wf 4.0 "PROE_200:- 9:"
INVALID HOST
how can I fix it?

Unknown said...

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-71-BC-28-F9-26 nx8 error the dsired vendor deamon is down pls sloved my problem

Unknown said...

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-71-BC-28-F9-26 the desired vendor deamon is down pls solved my problem to install nx8

m vry tired to install nx-8 plsssssss help meits urgent

Unknown said...

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-71-BC-28-F9-26 the desired vendor deamon is down pls solved my problem to install nx8

m vry tired to install nx-8 plsssssss help meits urgent

Unknown said...

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 70-71-BC-28-F9-26 the desired vendor deamon is down pls solved my problem to install nx8

m vry tired to install nx-8 plsssssss help meits urgent