CAD Help Center

CAD Problems? Search here.........

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Install UG NX 6 x32 bit in Windows 7 x64 bit.(Step by Step Guide)

From a long time the readers of CAD Help Center are still searching the solution for installation process of Unigraphics (UG NX 5 or NX 6) in Windows Vista (x32 or x64 bit).

After a long time now I have got a chance to try to install and see the errors while installation or running the UG NX 6 in Windows 7 x64 bit. I was unable to get Windows Vista to try out the UG NX 5 or NX 6, but I have seen that the Windows 7 is up-gradation in Windows Vista.

This is not the final version of Windows 7 but I have got a Genuine copy of this Windows 7 Ultimate x64(Check the screen shot).Can say best ever operating system till today. This is ultra fast to work like copy, paste, installation or uninstallation of a programs,Graphics and other features.



I hope that if the UG NX 6 is running in Windows 7, it will also work in Vista in both.(32 or 64 bit).And also UG NX 5 will work like this in Vista.


So here i am writing the procedure of how I install UG NX 6 and configured license file and others files.
  • Mount or Open the Image in Image Drive. (like Nero or Ultra ISO)
  • Auto Play will start Installation Automatically.
  • If Auto Play will not work then open the Image Drive and Double click on Launch file.
  • First of all install the License Server.(This is same as in my previous Post : See here )
  • Note that in all versions of x64 bit Windows, if the software you are installing is x32 bit, this will be installed by default in Program files (x86) like. (C:\Program Files (x86)\UGS\UGSLicensing\)
  • After finishing the installation of License Server click on Install NX.


  • Select English(United States) as setup Language or select as of your Windows Language.
  • Installation will begin and ask you for Setup Type select Typical and click Next.
  • Choose Destination Folder as per your own choice. By default it is (D:\Program Files (x86)\UGS\NX 6.0\) . After Destination Folder selection click on Next.
  • Select the NX Language as your Operating System or Windows Language.
  • Then if you are ready to install the program click Install or if you want to modify any setting then click Back.
  • This will start the installation of the program on your Computer. Just wait till the installation wizard Install UG NX 6.
  • After installation finish run UG from program list or restart your computer and run UG from program list.
If you are installing from the image downloaded by torrent, you have to follow the installation steps provided with the crack, like copy the over cracked files etc.
  • The UG NX 6 will work fine in Windows 7 x64 bit as shown below.




Hope that this will help you to run this great software in a great Windows.

Let me know if you have any issue during installation or running.

Want to make free worldwide calls. Try this.

20 comments:

ahmiles said...

Server Start Failed. The Server May Already Be Running!!

I have edited the ugnx.lic file and seem to get stuck.
Completed this list of items to complete but:1) Open the ugnx.lic and change computername or host in the first line, to your computer name. Copy the license to the
Flexlm installation director. Setup Flexlm services as required.

2) Set the License environment:

UGII_LICENSE_FILE= 27000@host

right click on my computer and click on properties.
A) for your computername click on the tab Computer Name.

B) go to in addvance tab.
click on environement variables.
click on new tab
in variable name write UGII_LICENSE_FILE
in variable values write 27000@COMPUTER
then open ur lmtools.exe from licensing tool.
then
click on configure using services.
then click on menu: start/stop/reread
then stop running server
then again click on service/license file menu
select configuration using license file.
click on browse and select the file downloaded.
then click on coniguration using services.
click on start/stop/reread menu
click on start server.
its done.

I still get a :Server Start Failed. The Server May Already Be Running!!
I have forced the server to stop but still cant get it to run!
Any one who knows how to fix this would be very gratful!
I got laid off and need to ramp up my skills while I am off!

ahmiles said...

Have gotten past the last group of issues but I now have another one to over come,

NX License Error: Invalid (inconsistent) license key or signature
I need someone to provide a link to any additional cracks or Magnitude folder needed to get this up and running. I am out of work for the near future and want to keep up to speed ??
ahmiles2005@yahoo.com

ahmiles said...

I am looking for a way to get past the NX License Error: Invalid (inconsistent) license key or signature. The license file/signature and data of the feature do not match.
I need the way to resolve this issue??
Magnitude folder
Thanks
Anthony

Unknown said...

Hi, fantastic post btw,really great to find a place where i can get some help!
I've installed the NX 6 license server, and pointed it to the edited license file, and that all works fine. Then i've installed NX and used the 28000@(my computer name). When i run the program its fine, but when i open to make a new model, i get the screen 'NX license error: Module "solid_modeling" license not available.
I'm running windows 7 x64 if thats any consolation.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Please help to install Ideas NX6 on Windows Vista.
It gives "Ideas security error -8" while opening Ideas.

Amit said...

I installed Ideas NX6 on windows vista 32 bit. But while opening it gives "Ideas security error - 8" and I can not continue.
Please help.

Anonymous said...

Antivir finds "BDS/Backdoor.689152" in the crackfiles. WTF . what is it?

Anonymous said...

Hi friends,
There are the link below to download the crack and license file of Unigraphics NX 6.

http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=1227594

Download and enjoy UG NX 6

Anonymous said...

Hey please help me!
I installed NX6 as described and everything works great - no problems with licensing or anything. The program seems to run smoothly except for one thing...
The dimensions do not work! I create a sketch and try to apply inferred dimensions, and it creates strange lines where the numbers should be. It does this both in Sketch mode and in Drafting mode. Also, when I try to insert text in the bottom of the template in Drafting mode, it creates weird squiggly lines instead of showing the text. So it seems like the issue has to do with anything involving text or numbers...

I am running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, and I have tried both NX6 and NX7 with the same results. The ONLY way I could make the dimensions work was by installing NX inside a virtual machine running XP Pro x64, in which case it works flawlessly. This will not work for my needs however, so please tell me what the problem is in Windows 7!!

Thanks in advance

Unknown said...

sir,
i trying to install ug nx6 but iam getting error as license key or signature invalid plz plz help me to install nx6 in step by step instructions.

CAD HELP CENTER said...

Hi Vishnu I have already explained the step by step installation of UG, u just check ur license file and try again. for further help reread the UG releted post, hope that ur problem will be solved, if not then leave comment with error screenshot.

Anonymous said...

this is very useful tutorials. i've use it for the first time ad success. maybe all the problem maybe about the capital letter or small letter. 5 star CAD Help Center. fyi i install ugnx6 in wins 7 ultimate 32 bits.

Akhilesh said...

I recently installed NX6 as described and everything works - no problems with licensing or
anything. The program seems to run smoothly except for one thing...
The dimensions do not work! I create a sketch and try to apply inferred dimensions,
and it creates strange lines where the numbers should be. It does this both in Sketch mode
and in Drafting mode. Also, when I try to insert text in the bottom of the template in
Drafting mode, it creates weird squiggly lines instead of showing the text. So it seems
like the issue has to do with anything involving text or numbers...

I am running Windows 7 x64 professional, so please tell me what the problem is in Windows 7
and the solution .!!

Anonymous said...

im followed all the steps but still getting error ...like : Invalid
(inconsistent) license key or signature. The license file/signature
and data of the feature do not match. pls send me how to solve this ..........rudresh.89@gmail.com .............anybody help me ...to solve

Anonymous said...

im followed all the steps but still getting error ...like : Invalid
(inconsistent) license key or signature. The license file/signature
and data of the feature do not match. pls send me how to solve this ..........rudresh.89@gmail.com .............anybody help me ...to solve

Unknown said...

i cant uninstall UGS licences File from my Pc. i used Windows 7 nd nx 6. Help me..........

Unknown said...

i cant remove UGSLicense file from my Pc. i am using Windows 7. and nx6. Help me..

CAD HELP CENTER said...

Hi Shusham
Try to uninstall LMTools utility from your computer. It will uninstall the license of UG NX 6.
Hope this helps you.

Unknown said...

please tell me how to remove nx licensing. every time i try to remove it from control panel there appears an error that repair will not work you must remove and reinstall. I am windows 7 64 bit.

Unknown said...

instal a 3rd party uninstal app and remove it easily.